GA-Z77X-D3H continual beep at FIRST startup only

Terryosu

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Hi folks...here's a weird one, and I'd be interested in seeing whether anyone else has experienced the same. A new build, I5-3570K cpu not yet overclocked, works like a dream .... except for one annoying problem. At the start of each day, the startup experiences a single, approx 30 second beep, which ends ... and everything is then ok. If I re-start, everything is fine, no 30 second beep. Machine run likes a dream. Next day, the startup experiences a single, approx 30 second beep, which ends ... and everything is then ok. Next day, the same ..... And the next day ..... Anybody got any ideas as to what could cause this? Everything in the build is brand new, and high quality. I know that this is stupid .... could it be that the the machine is "cold"? Can't believe that I put that forward, but I can't think of any other reason. Everything is completely up to date in terms of BIOS, Utilities, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ..... etc. And the AMIBIOS has nothing to say about a single startup 30 second beep ...... Anyone with any ideas .... I'd appreciate your insight. Many thanks, Thierry

TRENDING THREADS