LOW FPS with GTX 560 Ti on WoW 3.3.5a

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Hi there, I'm just upgrade my system from 8800 GTS 640 to GTX 560 Ti. And the problem is I got low (18 FPS, sometimes drop to 2 FPS in Dalaran) with the new 560 ti.

My Video setting, GPU driver, resolution, all other system's components (CPU, mobo, ram, etc) are SAME, the one who change just the GPU.

I can get 30 FPS+ (Never drop below 30 in Dalaran) with my old 8800 GTS. Is there something wrong with my 560 ti? do I must get a new 560 from the shop?

My specs for info :
PSU : EnLight 630 Watt
CPU : Core 2 QUad Q6600
RAM : 4 GB DDR2-800
Mobo : ASUS Rampage Formula X48
Driver : 275.33
DIsplay : 1920*1080
All Video Setting at WoW : Ultra

Please help so I can trade with the new one at the shop, thank you.

Solution
its because you have wow set to ultra. wow is heavily CPU oriented now my I7 2600k gets over 100+ fps everywhere cept orgimar. But my q6600 clocked at 3.4 ghz got only about 40-60 fps everywhere on ultra with two 470 gtxs in sli.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
its because you have wow set to ultra. wow is heavily CPU oriented now my I7 2600k gets over 100+ fps everywhere cept orgimar. But my q6600 clocked at 3.4 ghz got only about 40-60 fps everywhere on ultra with two 470 gtxs in sli.

Solution

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010

but he's saying he didn't change any component except the GPU. So he used to get high framerates with the same CPU and a older card. Assuming the in-game settings didn't change.

ncad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
hmm it's just strange that with all SAME setting (video, driver,components, etc) it should be better than the old 8800 GTS (about 30 FPS). I expect at least the same FPS if it really CPU oriented. But now, I got worse performance, also spiky low FPS problem... (from 18 FPS to 2-6 FPS and back to normal again). I see the FPS at the same exact location on WoW (Dalaran).

Just for testing I run 3dmark Vantage with my system, and I got 199xx score in performance test. Is it normal with my settings right now..? here's the spec:
CPU : Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC'd @ 3.2 Ghz
RAM : 4 GB DDR2-PC6400
Mobo : ASUS Rampage Formula X48
GPU : ASUS ENGTX 560 TI DCII TOP OC'd @ 950 Mhz/1900 Mhz / 4400 Mhz
PSU : EnLight 630 Watt.

I just curious if My new GTX 560 Ti is working as it should, so I can trade it with a new one at the shop if my current 560 Ti is a defect card...

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-directx-11-performance,2793-5.html

Your card isn't on here, but later in the review it shows that your previous card couldn't have gotten the fps that you claimed...So, to add to the complication I'll sum it up:
You are correct in assuming that your new card should run everything fast on ultra settings in DX11. You are incorrect in 'claiming' your previous 8800GTS could run everything on ultra. I don't know where that leaves us.

kinrk6

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Hello

I have the same problem, only 16 FPS with a Asus GTX560 OC
Have a Saberttooth 990fx for motherboard
8Go RAM Kingston HyperX
And an AMD FX4100 for CPU
SSD : 4 OCZ revodrive in RAID 0

I don't understand how a PC like it can be so low in a so old game
WOW 3.3.5

16FPS full options, 130FPS low quality

What is the problem?!

Perhaps my CPU is'n the best, but it really don't sucks, WOW 3.3.5 should works completely in high quality but it isn't!

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

Is anyone have an answer?

Have you guys cleaned out the cache folder in wow? Sometimes cleaning it out solves some problems. Beyond that in my three years of playing wow often it doesn't take much of a card to play a single wow client even with the best of settings unless 1080p or higher. I multybox and that is about the only time where a very good card is needed along with a decent quad core cpu. Stick with the stock 60fps limit instead of trying to aim for 130+ lol. That psu looks very much like a cheap low quality generic and I suggest that you replace it if it is not at least 80+ Bronze rated.

EDIT: Reduce your AA and AF settings and reduce the shadow quality settings. Don't need ultra quality settings for everything.

Noob! Stop Hating on private servers -_-

L2P nab

This forum doesn't support piracy.

Don't...

Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
Bump posts, claim "first!"
Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection

If the OP upgrades to retail, and still has problems, then it will be a problem with his hardware. Until then, the fault lies within the buggy private server.

kinrk6

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
I'm playing on a private server, i've ever suppres files in cache, I know it's the first thing to do because i'm game master.

I've tested with an old card, to be exact, a gainward 9800gt 512 in my old PC with a core2quad and a MB P5WDH and 4Go of DDR2 in full high quality without lag.

Iknow a lot of things about hardware settings, i know that my PC Cannot be so low in normal circumstances.
All the components of my computer are new and rescently mounted without error, that's why i suppose there's a software or driver problem, i've ever uninstall all and reinstall but it seems thats not resolving my problem.

I repeat, all of the components are OK, i'm searching for the problem.

Actually private servers are very much legal provided it is under Fair use and there is no monetary gain by the owner(s) or operators of the server.

**FAIR USE NOTICE**
These Videos May Contain Copyrighted (© ) Material. The Use of Which Has Not Always Been Specifically Authorized by The Copyright Owner. Such Material is Made Available to Advance Understanding of Ecological, Political, Human Rights, Economic, Democracy, Scientific, Moral, Ethical, Social Justice Issues, Teaching, and Research. It is believed that this Constitutes a ''Fair Use'' of Any Such Copyrighted Material as Provided For in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In Accordance With Title - 17 U.S.C. Section 107, This Material is Distributed Without PROFIT to Those Who Have Expressed a Prior General Interest in Receiving Similar Information For Research and Educational Purposes. For More Information: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode

Firstly, private servers aren't for research or education purposes. Secondly, they are against World of Warcraft terms of use, so they aren't legal.

End of discussion, I am not arguing with you anymore. I just pointed, that it's against forum rules.

injustice

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I am having the same problem. I "upgraded" from an Nvidia geoforce 470 to an Evga geoforce 560. No system change. Running both on a Gigabyte mother board with AMD Phenom II processor and 4gig ram. The old card could maintain 102 fps in a raiding environment while the new card is spiking down to as low as 8 fps and no higher than 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS