Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I just seriously fail! Please Help Me, Help Me Please!

Last response: in Motherboards
September 2, 2012 5:08:55 PM

OK, I have a bit of a problem here. The setup I am attempting is......

Biostar TA790GX A3+

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

G Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 1.50v
PC3-10666 (4GBx2)

or

G Skill Ripjaws DDR3 F3-8500CL (1x4GB)

So, I have had problems with this setup not powering on at all. At time it wont even indicate power. I pulled the motherboard battery and the psu the waited overnight and put it back together and it worked! IDK!

Now at the moment I just have the HD, CD/DVD, MOBO running and with the Ripjaws X 1333 the entire windows installation process is slow and unresponsive. It never even makes it to the unpacking.

I switch to the Ripjaws 8500 and I get all the way to the point where windows (7 Pro) restarts the computer to finish the installation only to restart twice and give the following message.....

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

If anyone has any idea what the issue is thats causing what I described above please advise. I really appreciate any input/feedback.

More about : fail

Best solution

September 2, 2012 5:47:30 PM

Hi Jerry,

Ok we need to slow down a notch as this issue can be specific or from an array of situations.

1) First and foremost. When you boot your PC (Turn it on). what happens in 100% of cases. Does it turn on or not? As I read it in your post, I want to assume that you have a major issue with your PSU that may be DOA; therefore switch for friend spare PSU and/or send it back for an exchange. The motherboard battery may be the cause but I really do not think so!

If the PC turn on....:
2) Check and Re check again with your biostar manual + go to biostar forum if you have doubts about any connection from wiring connection to jumpers (if any), to memory module types and genre and see what comes in their forum.
3)what is your PSU brand, wattage and model
4) Look, it sounds to me to be either way an issue in the bios settings for memory and/or a bios setting for your hdd in case if I misunderstood the deal about the issue of not powering your PC100% of time.
September 2, 2012 7:21:12 PM

Thank You for your help. I have gotten past the failures to power on days, now its just the installation thing.

My power supply is LOGISYS PS600XBK 600W.

It turns on fine have the fans and graphics card disconnected, I noticed that the powering on problem occurred more frequently with everything hooked up.

m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2012 7:49:10 PM

O. Also, is there a way to reset everything (bios, cpu clock, ram all that) so that the cpu and motherboard are at factory default. I pulled the cpu and mobo from different computers and I dont know if they were ever over clocked! Thanks!!
m
l
September 3, 2012 2:08:07 PM

You can use the Clear CMOS Jumper or you could go into the BIOS and press F(x) to restore factory defaults.
m
l
September 24, 2012 4:46:49 PM

Best answer selected by JerryMcFail.
m
l
!