Sign in with
Your question

Will this fan controller show my CPU temps?

Last response: in CPUs
November 28, 2011 10:27:11 AM

Ive never really had a fan controller and I think my CPU cooler is broken so I wanted to get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... to see if the CPU is running hot because I cant turn on my PC. It shuts on and off. I sent my motherboard and PSU back to make sure but this will tell me if it was just the cooler which is my H70. So will this tell me my CPU temps?
a c 113 à CPUs
November 28, 2011 12:04:21 PM

Your CPU can't overheat that quickly when you power on (unless no cooler is installed). You should have time to get into the BIOS to check the temperature.
m
l
November 28, 2011 2:18:13 PM

GhislainG said:
Your CPU can't overheat that quickly when you power on (unless no cooler is installed). You should have time to get into the BIOS to check the temperature.

i almost have time to get to the bios but it turns off just before I do. And then it just loops which makes me think its the cooler. Its not instantaneous untill it does it about twice
m
l
a c 113 à CPUs
November 28, 2011 2:57:16 PM

If the cooler is the issue, then you either have a cooler that's really bad or it isn't installed properly. Before shutting down, a system runs for several minutes with the stock cooler and no fan.
m
l
!