Help: Windows 7, no touchpad/keys.

crazyotte

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Hello,
I installed the drivers for an older model wireless mouse/keyboard on my ASUS gaming laptop. It propted me that the mouse and keyboard had not been tested on Windows 7 during the installation process, which I ignored and continued (bad idea...). After installation, it prompted me to restart, which I did. Only then did I realize that my new laptop did not have the port to hook up the old mouse hook-up.
Bummed, I just went to log back into my computer, when i discovered that the touchpad nor the keyboard were responsive. Even in Safe Mode, i can't get anything to happen.
The wireless apparatus is made my Kensinger (Or something close) and has one USB and one older mouse hook-up. If I plug in the USB, the wireless keyboard still wont affect the laptop, but will generate the light response from the reciever that confirms keystrokes.

Help please, and thanks in advance.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
boot into windows recovery manager, F8 on boot up, then select repair and do a system restore.
If you do not have that option then pop in your windows disk and load it up from a cold start. then use the repair option there.

TRENDING THREADS