Gasm

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
So I want to extend my internet over to my second house down the street (roughly 200 ft). So does buying a access point that will connect to my main router through wireless make this possible? If so would this lower the performance of my internet at the main house? I have cable thats 15Mbps/5Mbps and the routher is running on G mode

Solution
40% could be low enough to degrade the speed; however, you might be able to increase the signal by either use a booster antenna or switch everything to a N network.

the wireless signal in the second house will be strong since it is send out by the router in the second house.

Gasm

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

since a AP can't provide me wireless at the second house then is there anything that can do this? Another router with DD WRT?

Gasm

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
If I'm only receiving ~40% signal at my second house would this affect the internet download/upload speed at the second house? Would it even be able to shoot out wireless only with a 40% signal from the main router?

40% could be low enough to degrade the speed; however, you might be able to increase the signal by either use a booster antenna or switch everything to a N network.

the wireless signal in the second house will be strong since it is send out by the router in the second house.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS