Sign in with
Your question

How much daes it take to update BIOS in a P8Z77 Asus?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 2, 2012 7:54:00 PM

Hello,

I have built a computer and it is restarting after a short time, so I cannot use OS based BIOS update. (I have not discovered the reason).

I want to update with the EZ Flash 2 Utility from a USB drive. How much time will it take to update BIOS? Motherboard is P8Z77-V Pro.

I want it to finish in less than 5 mins or so, so my computer doesn't restart in the middle of the update.

Thank you for any information!
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 234 V Motherboard
September 2, 2012 9:43:24 PM

It will definitely take less than 5 minutes, but I'd suggest you fix the reboot issue before flashing the BIOS. You should never flash a BIOS unless you know that the system is stable. Does it restart if you leave it in the BIOS configuration screen or only when the OS is loaded?
m
l
September 3, 2012 10:00:29 PM

It restarts in both cases. I think it restarts because of a protection system of the motherboard (possibly malfunctioning). I disabled the ASUS Anti-surge protection, but it keeps restarting. It cuts energy, and like a second after the cut, computer turns on again. If Anti-surge is enabled, it says that it was triggered to protect system from unstable PSU. PSU is a new Antec High Current Pro 850W 80+ Gold. I think I will send everything to guarrantee...
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 234 V Motherboard
September 4, 2012 2:33:31 AM

Can't you try a different PSU? It doesn't have to be powerful to power up the system. If the system still reboots, then you know that it probably is a motherboard issue.
m
l
!