Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Radeon HD 4250?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2011 1:39:11 AM

Hello,

I'm in the market for a motherboard for a PC build. I'm wondering if the integrated Radeon HD 4250 will be enough for my purposes. I am planning on running a basic hardware accelerated desktop environment (Gnome Shell on latest Ubuntu) and watching some HD videos. Apart from that, I shouldn't be putting much load on my system. My question: is the RHD 4250 enough? Or should I jump for a discrete graphics card?

Thanks for your help.

More about : radeon 4250

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 27, 2011 2:32:07 AM

xz124 said:
Hello,

I'm in the market for a motherboard for a PC build. I'm wondering if the integrated Radeon HD 4250 will be enough for my purposes. I am planning on running a basic hardware accelerated desktop environment (Gnome Shell on latest Ubuntu) and watching some HD videos. Apart from that, I shouldn't be putting much load on my system. My question: is the RHD 4250 enough? Or should I jump for a discrete graphics card?

Thanks for your help.

The 4250 will decode any video source outside of 3d blu ray (regualr blu ray is ok) and with linux drivers, it should work for the desktop too.

It will suck for games and take up around 256MB from ur system ram, but otherwise u are good.
June 27, 2011 11:48:12 AM

vilenjan said:
The 4250 will decode any video source outside of 3d blu ray (regualr blu ray is ok) and with linux drivers, it should work for the desktop too.

It will suck for games and take up around 256MB from ur system ram, but otherwise u are good.

Alright, good. I wasn't planning on watching blu ray at all on this system anyway; I have a dedicated home theater for that purpose. This is also a budget build, so I was hoping not to have to buy an extra graphics card and by the looks of it, I won't need to.

Thanks for your help.
m
l
June 27, 2011 11:53:13 AM

Best answer selected by xz124.
m
l
!