Sign in with
Your question

Emachine keyboard on a dell computer

Last response: in Components
November 28, 2011 3:58:53 PM

Hello,
My father is visiting me, and I need to update his computer. He brought the tower but nothing else. I have an additional monitor & keyboard - but his computer is not seeing the keyboard.

This is an emachine keyboard model kb-9908
Looking for a driver for this.

Thanks
KW
November 28, 2011 4:03:19 PM

Usb or ps2 keyboard? Some motherboard bios have the usb keyboard setting disabled by default. You shouldn't need a driver, unless your usb driver didn't load properly. Check windows device manager in the control panel for marks next to any of the usb device drivers. You may need to update windows with a service pack or simply select windows update and let microsoft search for a device driver.
m
l
November 28, 2011 4:11:09 PM

o1die said:
Usb or ps2 keyboard? Some motherboard bios have the usb keyboard setting disabled by default. You shouldn't need a driver, unless your usb driver didn't load properly. Check windows device manager in the control panel for marks next to any of the usb device drivers. You may need to update windows with a service pack or simply select windows update and let microsoft search for a device driver.

It's a ps2 keyboard, going into a usb. I can't get past the boot screen - keyboard not found, press f1, f2.....

now what?
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2011 4:14:05 PM

That's about all you can do. Either the keyboard is bad or there's a driver conflict somewhere in windows device manager. I doubt both keyboards or ports on the board are bad.
m
l
November 28, 2011 4:24:49 PM

Either keyboard works great on my machine - so I know it's not the keyboard. My father is 81 - so the less I mess with it the better. I'll have to talk him through this when he gets home and is all set back up.
Mind you he's on dial-up, as thats all he can get in the country - so downloading anything is a PITA

Thanks for your help

KW
m
l
!