Video card on external PSU

Sbirstein

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Hello,recently I became a proud owner of a DFI lp dk 790fxb m3h5 MB and my head's already at its melting point. Honestly I'm not in my best financial status at the moment so some trickery must take place.I read a lot of stuff on tons of unclear things about my new machinery. It helped me more or less. But... In short - my 1st compy passed away a couple of years ago and left me mournful with a 175W PSU. Now I plan to use a server case for that MoBo I bought - I'll have plenty of space to put anything in it. My questions - may I power the video card with my 175 W PSU and if yes how am I supposed to connect it. Well? Thanks in advance.
Btw, the system will be on 700W PSU, I guess it's enough. But in case I'm wrong I'd appreciate another option :)

Sbirstein

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
I said nothing about the v-card because I haven't bought one yet. I am really short in money right now, like I said, so I'll leave it for some brighter day. Today I bought the PSU. It is Arctic power 700W, put it in another machine and I find it quite good. In theory it must be sufficient for my MB + all the gadgets plugged in it. But practice haven't spoken yet, that's why I seek another option - just in case :)
Besides I like modifying things but that project causes
an echo in my pockets and a large hole in budget that's why I am little afraid of doing dubious experiments with those components ( darn, they ain't cheap! ).