Monitor not displaying properly

Blitzero21

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
I have a Acer S232hl monitor and a EVGA Nvidia GTX 580. I'm running windows 7 64 bit home premium edition. Up until today i could play all games in 1920x1080 resolution with no problems. I was playing a different game and when it starts up it automatically makes the computer go to 640x800 resolution so i usually have black bars around them.

My roommate hits the auto config button on the monitor and the game fills the screen. Once i get done though it feels like it's zoomed in. My resolution is set at 1920x1080 but my display is bigger than my monitor and the auto config on my monitor doesn't change it back nor the reset button i can move my mouse past the edge of my monitor but i can't scroll on my desktop to see what's over there

once i get higher than 1440x900 my display becomes larger than my monitor. If i take a screenshot using print screen and paste the pic it display my full desktop like it should be.

I have updated to the latest drivers on both my monitor and my video card

i'm not sure what it is but it seems like something is wrong with the aspect ratio but obviously i'm not sure.

thank you for your help

Blitzero21

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
thank you for your reply but whenever i try to manually reset my monitor by using the buttons on the monitor it does not work...

and i'm don't understand when you say reset the size of the display in Nvidia's drivers drag them smaller

if you could just clarify that would be great

and the game is called dungeon fighter online

Blitzero21

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
thank you for you help i was able to fix it by a random stroke of luck.... i guess in my nvidia control panel all of the sudden a tab appeared for scaling that wasn't there before and i tinkered with a few settings there to fix the problem...can't believe acer was going to charge me $100 to do that which is ridiculous

i appreciate you taking the time to respond though thank you