Microsoft Optical Mouse

nyteskyy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I need a new mouse, but wanted some input on the optical mice. I saw 2 by MS, the standard and the Internet one. I play games, so if it can't do that I don't want it. Any reasons to get it as opposed to the traditional track and ball? Thanks for al input.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you have to set the sensitivity up on optical mice, and make all movements small. Large moves turn in spastic non direction. This takes a while to get used to in fast paced games like tachyon, quake, unreal etc. But once you get the hang of barely having to move for an action, increased percision, and never having to clean a mouse ball again, the optical mouse becomes very cool. I have the explorer, the big silver one, I bought it when it came out and I still love it. My brother has the next 4 button version down and my friend has the two button with the roller, we all like them a great deal once we got used to them- Definitly- give some time to adjust! Any game can be played with it and better/easier once you figure it out.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

nyteskyy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Great, I'll look into getting one later this month as I have too many things to buy right now (for me and other people). Thanks for the info.

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have a Logitech optical. Can's believe the difference. Great for gaming. What is with the sensitivity? No prob. here. $30, my friends got a deal @ $20 on sale.

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
All optical mice can't track a large fast movement. Try putting your mouse on one far corner of the pad and them move it to the other corner as fast as you can and see where the pointer ends up. It's just the nature of optical mice.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

G

IMHO the microsoft intellimouse explorer (big silver optical) is the best gaming mouse there is. because it has 5 buttons that you can remap to anything you want and its big.

thats all.