napsterlone

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hey everyone, so I have been researching what parts to get on my PC for a while and have come to this build. Please comment on my build and point out any things I should change. I will be using this computer to download torrents A LOT, extreme internet use, and mild gaming. I want a good video card for when I game, but am not looking for dual cards or extremely expensive ones. I am getting the entire build with keyboard, mouse, and OS for $950.00. Below I have two questions and my specs. THANKS!

- Which motherboard is the better one and why? Please be specific.

1. Asus P8Z68-V LX

2. GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3-B3

3. MSI Z68A-G43 (B3)

- What hardware should I change in order for me to multitask and download better/faster?

COMPUTER SPECS:

Case: Xion Predator 970

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

Factory Overclocking: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

Power Supply: 750 Watts Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Optical Drive: Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: PCI Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps Network Interface Card

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING (including mouse and keyboard) : $950.00

***Note: I have an AOC 1080p monitor

striker410

Distinguished
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

I will try to keep things in the realm of CyberPower, but it's a hard thing to do. You'd be SO much better off building yourself. You could make this build for ~$200 less.

But anyway, onto the build.

For the mobo, I would get whichever is cheaper. they are all decent.

I might drop to 4GB of ram, as that's all you need. If you want 8GB, you can add your own sticks later for MUCH cheaper.

I would definitely upgrade the GPU. Try and get at least a 6950 or 560 Ti, so you can crank the settings on intensive games like Metro 2033 and BF3. A 6850 is not gonna cut it for those games.

Also, get rid of the "pro OC" Unless it's free. You can easily get a 20% overclock in about 2 seconds, it's not something to pay for.

lastly, I would drop the Liquid cooling, as it's not needed for your components. Air will do just fine.

Cheers!

^ To that,
Asetek cooling is worse than a Hyper 212+ even though they state "liquid cooling" that is why Corsair's HXX line will never perform to the level of "LC" because they are jointed with Asetek to make the Hydro lineup.

You don't need a 750w power supply. Especially to your usage.

BTW That build could probably be built by yourself for $800. But for your usage, you could build a $650 build that would be enough for your usage. Overkill in fact.

The $400 build in my siggy would be enough for you in fact. You don't plan to build yourself though.

striker410

Distinguished

Good points. I kinda forgot the whole thing about "mild gaming" when I saw a 2500k lol.

Yeah you could save yourself hundreds of dollars and probably end up with a better, more reliable and well built system if you do it yourself. Try looking for some videos on how to do it or something.

Heres a build where if you do it yourself it will:

- Cost Less
- Have a SSD and more storage space (Much faster boot time and loading times)
- Be smaller and quieter
- Much better GPU

Only con is a slight drop in CPU power that you probably won't even notice, the i3-2100 is a great CPU. EDIT: The reason i dropped it out of the build was because i don't think you need the i5 and i wanted to fit a SSD in there.

Intel Core i3-2100
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB)
ASRock H61M-VS
Gigabyte HD 6870 1GB
Crucial M4 64GB
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W
Fractal Design Define Mini
Scythe Shuriken Rev B
Samsung DVD Burner
Windows 7 Home Premium

Total: $917.88 Before shipping and rebates ($50)