Newly built computer freezes and restarts

Joe_55

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hello,
I just got a newly build computer a week ago and several days ago i started experiencing problems. Here are the symptoms:

-computer randomly freezes and makes high pitched sound, only way out is to manually switch off power

-shuts off by itself, shows blue screen with a message on it that i am unable to read because screen only lasts few seconds

-after I ran System Restore to try and fix this, i can no longer open most files and folders

-Internet Explorer has slowed down

I suspect its a virus of some sort, i may be wrong, but I ran a Security Shield scan to check for malware anyway, i couldnt see the results because Security Shield closed when scan ended. then i downloaded and ran Microsoft Security Essentials scan and came up with nothing.

I looked in the computer's Applicatios log and found that it has recorded error id 1000 frequently since the day i got the computer.

i dont know if its a hardware problem, a software problem, or a virus that hidden from Security Essentials somehow. any advice or ideas or information about this prolem would be greatly appreciated.

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
is the high pitched sound coming from the case or the speakers. if the case open that bad boy up and pinpoint exactly where from.
system restore sux ive hated it on every microsoft OS. it probabily broke it more. you could try a full windows reinstall. the system is only a week old. mays well give it a try. if it crashed during windows install its a hardware problem.

nutcase_63

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

change your powersuply if possible.

Joe_55

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
thanks for the advice but it turns out the anti-virus protection i thought the computer guy installed, security shield 2010, is actually a virus! DX trying to remove it but MBAM cant find an infection for some reason