Sign in with
Your question

Buzzing sound on my computer

Last response: in Systems
August 29, 2011 6:39:37 PM

I bought a ASUS computer and put a Gigabyte Radeon 6950 graphics card into it for playing World of Warcraft. The past month I've been getting a buzzing sound everytime i have a WoW up and a high pitched but quiet constant beep when I have anything else up. I've tried to see if there were any drivers i needed to update but my computer says everything is up to date with the latest drivers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this might be? Thnx in advance for any help.

More about : buzzing sound computer

August 29, 2011 7:08:50 PM

Your powersuply is telling you,his currrent life since you put in the videocard is way to stressfull for him (or her?).
Thats what i think whats going on.
See if its happy again without the card,if its smiling again then get a bigger PS.
m
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 226 U Graphics card
August 29, 2011 7:20:44 PM

Boyle11 said:
I bought a ASUS computer and put a Gigabyte Radeon 6950 graphics card into it for playing World of Warcraft. The past month I've been getting a buzzing sound everytime i have a WoW up and a high pitched but quiet constant beep when I have anything else up. I've tried to see if there were any drivers i needed to update but my computer says everything is up to date with the latest drivers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this might be? Thnx in advance for any help.

Where is the buzzing sound coming from? Speakers? PC chassis? Where?

You could have a couple of different things going on, including coil whine. What make/model of PSU are you using and how old is it?
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2011 7:37:49 PM

sry forgot to add i put a Corsair tw 650w power supply in it as well. It is fairly new I got it in Feb. And its sounds like its coming from the speakers. I'm going to test it now without the gpu
m
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 226 U Graphics card
August 29, 2011 7:52:23 PM

Are these stand-alone speakers or speakers built into the monitor? Also, verify that your speaker cabels a fully inserted into the proper plugs (potential lack of proper grounding). Last, what sound source are you using (stand alone sounds card, integrated sound, HDMI audio from video card)?
m
l
!