PLease install AMD chipset driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaupz

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
So i have a reoccurring message box about 70% of the time i turn on my computer telling me to install the AMD chipset driver.
1: i have the latest chipset, lan, audio drivers for my motherboard (Asus M4A875TD-V EVO)
2: I also have the latest drivers for my GPU (AMD HD5850) 11.2.

Why would i still get this message about 70% of the time when i turn on my PC?

Solution

The security antivirus and firewall will block drivers from installing. You MUST turn off the security before installing the drivers. After you install and restart, turn the security back on.

Remember this tip anytime you are trying to install new software or drivers.

If the drivers do not install after tuning off the security, you could possibly have a defective motherboard.
You can obtain the driver from Asus Website or the AMD website, it's free.
Look up your motherboard drivers by the Asus model number, on the Asus website.
Turn off all security and antivirus, turn off the firewall before installing the drivers.
After installing, restart and turn the security and firewall back on.

gaupz

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
What is the reasoning behind turning off security/firewall before downloading and installing the drivers?

I have them installed and it says that my driver version is the same as the most recent ones.

The security antivirus and firewall will block drivers from installing. You MUST turn off the security before installing the drivers. After you install and restart, turn the security back on.

Remember this tip anytime you are trying to install new software or drivers.

If the drivers do not install after tuning off the security, you could possibly have a defective motherboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts