Asrock z77 extreme 4 build quality vs gigabyte z77x-ud3h

karthikparys

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
I am going to buy asrock z77 extreme 4,

But one thing that bothers me is the build quality of this board.

I am a great fan of gigabyte & there ultra durable concepts even in low end boards.

Since i am going for a extreme series in asrock i guess its quality will be same.

Am i going to miss the ultra duarble stuffs in gigabyte.

The asrock costs me 10000 INR ~ 179 $
but the gigabyte z77x-ud3h cost me 12800 INR ~ 229 $

I am thinking of to choose the asrock for the 2800 INR (50$) diff.

Am i missing the quality here ???

is the quality difference worth for the money ???

What about high temperature, electrostatic and power failure protections in asrock z77e4 board ???

I only see the humidity protection in asrock.

thx in advance.

Six of one, both are decent MOBO's and the failure rates on both are <3%. The ASRock does offer its 'dehumidifier' cycling but the Gigabyte's PCB has been improved to handle high humidity ... repels moisture.

As far as (INR 50$) depends, if both MOBO's have all the features you want and can afford then go with the cheapest. There are better and worst MOBO's.

/Edit - Neither should be run with a PSU without Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) or an Anti-Surge Protector. My preference is a good UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply).

They are both decent but Extreme4 the only negative I have for this motherboard is that it slips outside of typical ATX specifications. It’s 3cm thinner than a standard ATX motherboard and as a result may lack secure mounting on the far side since this isn’t a common size, which also means you should be very careful when plugging in the 24-pin ATX motherboard power – as the motherboard may flex.Still a decent mobo but i personally wouldn't buy it

karthikparys

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Thanks guys,

I bought asrock z77e4 board.

Looking good, i need help & clarifications regarding the board and setup.Continue your support.

I will keep posting in asrock subdivision in the forum.