No signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misteclipse

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
So, I was browsing the web when I get some graphical glitches on both of my monitors for 5-10 seconds. About 10 minutes later, I go to play The Witcher 2, my computer completely freezes. I turn it off for 30 seconds, turn it back on, no signal to either of my monitors. Everything else comes on from the looks and sounds of it.

I've held down the power button for a minute with the PSU cable out, didn't work. Reseated both of my Radeon 5850s as well as both sticks of RAM, no difference. Reapplied the thermal paste on my CPU to no avail. Reset my CMOS, nothing. At this point I'm at a loss of what to do. I'm starting to think it's a hardware failure, just don't know what's failing.

While carrying my PC from the room to the dining room table, I heard something rattling around in there. After I open it up, I discover a loose screw that somehow got unscrewed from one of my HDD cages. I'm thinking there's a possibility this screw came in contact with the mobo, but doubtful.

Any help would be appreciated to help me figure this this out!

Edit - A red, orange, and 2 green LEDS are lit on my mobo. I figure this might come in handy.