Sign in with
Your question

Can someone help me fix these 2 problems?

Last response: in Systems
August 30, 2011 2:26:33 AM

First i was unsure where to put this so if it is in the wrong please move it to the right place.

PROBLEM#1:( i will list the games i tested for my problems after this problem,then i will list my pc specs after both)
Well up untill about a week ago my games all worked fine,and now some of them i'm getting bad frame rate drops(almost to the point that they
are unplayable).(also when i say frame rate drops, i mean it drops to 3-10 fps for at least 1 second at a time)

I did not downloaded around that time,so i don't think it's a virus,i've cleaned outthe dust,and my pc is not overheating
(my cpu only gets to 53C under a gaming load,and my gpu only gets to 55c under the same load)i've checked for virus's,malware,spyware,and yes
there was some found,but getting rid of it did not fix my frame rate drops,also not all my game are doing this,and some of the games that
don't get drops,are made by the same plubisher as games that are lagging.

I'vew done a mem test,it was fine,i have updated my video card drivers,my pc is set to auto defrag @ 1AM on wensdays,so that is not it either.

GAMES THAT LAG:
MineCraft(but not much)
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty MW2
Call of Duty BO
Fallout 3(freezes during the starting video,even though i got it from steam)

GAMES THAT DON'T LAG:
Call of Duty World at War
Fallout New Vegas
Assassins Creed 1
Need for Speed:Carbon
Batman Arkham Asylum
Need for Speed:Shift 2
Dirt 3

(all of these games i tested were running on the defualt settings set by the game.)

PROGRAMS I ALWAYS HAVE RUNNING:
Fraps(mainly to keep an eye on my fps)
CPUID HWMonitor
Steam
Windows Media Player(no always playing music)
Utorrent(not always downloading lol,or uploading)
TeamSpeak 3
Xfire

I should be able to play these games no problem. i have been trying to fuigre out what is wrong and i have no idea,can someone please help me.

Problem#2:
Ok my pc had froze up/crashed(the screen was stuck,but like the 1/8 of the last second of sound on the pc was replaying),that is not like the
normal crashes i had with other pc's.
Also it has happened before(like 6 times since i got the pc in march,it was gotten used).
Im starting to worry that mabye something is failing,if so i have no clue what.
Please help me with this.

My PC Specs:
Case:Ultra E-Torque ATX Mid-Tower Case
Motherboard:XFX nForce 680i LT SLI(only supports 800mhz ram,but my ram works,but at 800mhz,instead of 1066mhz)
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz(luqid cooled) not overclocked.
RAM:p atriot Viper 4096MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz (2x2048MB)
Hard Drives:Seagate 1.5TB SATA HD
Optical Drive:HP dvd writer dvd400i
Graphics Card:EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP SLI Ready
PSU:Ultra X-Pro 600w http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/5 ... aging.html
Sound:the onboard sound card
Speakers:cheap $12 logitech stereo speakers
Headset:Cheap logitech headset
Mouse:Razer Deathadder
Mouse pad:none
Keyboard:cheap HP keyboard
Mointer:22" LG Flatron EW224T 1080p

Thank you so much for reading this and helping.

More about : fix problems

August 30, 2011 2:52:53 AM

If your not recording anything you should kill fraps, it's not a program you should run just to monitor your frame rate if your not recording or just doing a test run, it will definitely result in a significant frame rate drop. Also, I hate torrents (any illegal activities aside) because I think they suck your system resources and I feel you can never really tell how much they are siphoning off your system.
m
l
August 30, 2011 3:01:21 AM

well i did try running it with both of those on,and i still have the problem,also i normally don't run fraps but after i started having these problems i turned it on to see what was happening to my FPS,also i don't utorrent for anything illegal, i use it for legal stuff,plus if i need a file, if i can find a torrent for it,i use the torrent,only cause for some reason it seams to be faster the downloading with my browser.Also i never have stuff downloading or uploading when i play a game.
m
l
!