desktop icons for web sites

I don't know what I've done, but now when I click on a desktop shortcut to a website I get a message that says "it is not a valid Win32 application". How can I fix this problem?
--
Rosemary
2 answers Last reply

    try going to control panel/add remove programs and click on Internet Explorer and do a repair
    --
    William Main

    "Rosemary" wrote:

    > I don't know what I've done, but now when I click on a desktop shortcut to a website I get a message that says "it is not a valid Win32 application". How can I fix this problem?
    > --
    > Rosemary

    William, unfortunately that didn't help. It wouldn't let
    me do anything but remove. I tried redownloading IE but
    it wouldn't install. I even reinstalled WinXP and then
    couldn't download ServicePack 1. Finally I called
    Microsoft and we got the problem solved. Had to go into
    Save Mode and run Norton AV. That worked and was able to
    download SP1.
    Thanks for answering me, Rosemary

Configuration Microsoft Customization Desktop Icons Windows XP