Nvidia GEForce 9800 GTX+ Crashing, Locking, Blue Screen

nick89br

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Nvidia GEForce 9800 GTX+ Crashing my system, locking the screen, and occasional blue screen when the card/driver cant handle the graphics (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I have had this card for 2 years now, and have had problems with it from the beginning and now I'm getting sick of it, I am an advanced computer user, I have tried reinstalling windows, upgrading windows, deleting ALL NVIDIA files and installing new drivers, updating motherboard and chipset drivers, and so far I have no solution to this problem. My full computer specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz
ASUS P5N-EM HDMI ACPI BIOS Revision 0401 Motherboard
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ Video Card
WDC WD6400AAKS-75A7B0 (596 GB) Hard Drive
Core Internal Temperature is around 98 F (VERY WELL VENTILATED COMPUTER)
Windows XP System

The only driver that works with this video card is (nv4_disp (6.14.11.7779 - nVIDIA ForceWare 77.79)) None of the drivers that have been released after that have worked when I installed them, as soon as I do, the system blue screens, or locks up at startup. I have tried installing windows 7 with this video card and drivers and the result would be the screen either locking (cant move the mouse pointer, whole computer not responding), or the screen going black and staying like that (10 restarts within 5 minutes), so i have no choice but to run it on Windows XP and with the driver that came on the CD I bought it with. Any suggestions on what I can do? Is it a Windows problem?