Folder settings going bonkers!

My XP Home system recently started changing my folder
view settings. It is set to "remember each folder's view
settings". Some folders I like to have tiles and others
icons. I change them to what I want, but next time I go
there they changed back.

How do I fix this?

Adriaan wrote:
> My XP Home system recently started changing my folder
> view settings. It is set to "remember each folder's view
> settings". Some folders I like to have tiles and others
> icons. I change them to what I want, but next time I go
> there they changed back.
>
> How do I fix this?

This setting has a default setting for the number of folders view settings
that it will remember. Go to the following website and look on Line 2, left
side. Click the "Increase limit folder view to 8000" link to download the
file. Double click the file to change the setting. This will effectively
double the default setting.

Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP:

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

20 times not 2 times.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

David Candy wrote:
> 20 times not 2 times.
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>
>> This setting has a default setting for the number of folders view
>> settings
>> that it will remember. Go to the following website and look on Line
>> 2, left
>> side. Click the "Increase limit folder view to 8000" link to
>> download the
>> file. Double click the file to change the setting. This will
>> effectively
>> double the default setting.
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP:

Yup, your right. Looking at 400 and seeing 4000. :)
--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org