Can't get Intel D945GNT board into Bios

Coolmeadow Kid

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
It shows to push F2 to enter bios, but it just goes ahead and loads XP (Home). Can push and release F2, or hold it down during post to the point of warning beeps, still the same result. I'm wanting to run Memtest. The computer was not performing well with two 512 MB sticks of memory. Added two 1gb sticks and it is doing better, but still wonder about the original memory if it has a problem. But I can't get there to run it. Any advice would be appreciated. Yes, I know it needs to be replaced, but it's the wife's computer and she doesn't want to change it out because of the hassle it will be to move all her files over to Win 7 Pro. :ouch: Thanks for your help! Jim.

Coolmeadow Kid

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I've tried tapping it, and holding it solid, same outcome. Tried my old keyboard that is the same as her's, neither one USB, but maybe I'll try my newer wireless one that I know works.
Jay, is spamming the F2 key the same as tapping it continually? Thanks for the quick responses! Jim.

Coolmeadow Kid

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Tried my Logitech wireless, no change. I'm beginning to think this is a MB problem. Am I on the right track? Like I said in the OP, I know this computer is ready to be replaced, but it may have to completely die before I get the red light to change it out. Jim.

Coolmeadow Kid

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Yeah, I know. I should have spelled out "original post" instead of typing OP. It just sounded right since I typed "Like I said in the OP..."

No, I haven't tried taking the battery out. I did move the jumper and restart it, but nothing happened. I'll try taking out the battery out in a few minutes and see what that does. Thanks!! Jim.

Coolmeadow Kid

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Did it, didn't help. No change. Tried to download the program and put on a floppy thinking that might work. Can't get that to run either. I think I'm done for the weekend. If you have any ideas on getting the computer in question to go into BIOS, I'd still like to hear that. Jim.

Coolmeadow Kid

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
No, I can type searches and email with the keyboard. I don't believe at this point that it's the keyboard. F2 on my keyless enters BIOS on my computer, but it doesn't on her's. So 3 different keyboards act the same way. Either it's in the MB, or the tech she had out to work on it did something where it won't go into BIOS, though I don't understand why someone would do that. Hope you all have a great week! Thanks for the ideas. Jim.