First Build - Designed January '11

jeked

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Hi all,

Im a new member to the community here and after reading some responces i can see its a very welcoming and educated board. As such i am going to put forward my build (designed late december 2010 - early january 2011) with the hopes of some feedback and if needed some restructuring as i now have enough money to begin buying the rest of my system.

Priceing done through www.staticice.com.au

---------------

Approximate Purchase Date: within the month
Budget Range: $1,500 - $2,000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the net, general use

Parts Not Required: None
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any site is fine but must ship to Australia if pricing from that site.
Country of Origin: Australia, Melbourne

Parts Preferences: No Preference
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: Not needed with current config

Monitor Resolution: Unknown
Additional Comments: Quiet is better but not a must. Will run windows as primary OS but im ok with running dual boot of Linux or Unix.

---------------

Proposed System:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 (Brought)

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 B3($140)
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K ($305)
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 580 ($520)
Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler ($95)
PSU: Corsair TX-750 750W ATX Power ($145)

Memory:
- 2 x 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 ($140 each)
TOTAL: 8GB

SSD/HDD:
- Corsair Nova V64 64GB 2.5" MLC SSD ($140) <-- OS and Game
- 2 x Western Digital Caviar Green Power 2TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 3Gbs WD20EARS ($75 each) <-- Storage
TOTAL: ~4.64TB

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ($130)

Monitor/ KB+Mouse:
Unknown but can be purchased at a later date. Would still like thoughts and this can be thought of as outsidce of the build price limit.

-----
Total Pricing: $1905 + Monitor and KB/M combo

So, any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
John Crombie

jeked

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011

I will look into MSY. I Priced all nthe items through staticICE.com.au and went for roughly cheaper although on some i decided to shell out more for quality and known store (personal). So all online Aus. stores.

in terms of the SSD being a Indilinx there may have been a reason at the time but i think i just went affordable with that one. Would you recommend something else for a similar size? Ill look into my reasoning for you and let you know.

Did you have something specific in mind or is that just a reminder? (I had forgotten tbh due to there only being one :p)