Current system specs:

i5-2500k
MSI P67A-GD65
Antec 750w PSU
MSI 275gtx
8gb 1600

Gaming PC. The only games I am interested in:
BF3, SW:TOR, Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3

I've been debating if I should swap out my GPU. I have about $320 max to spend. I was looking at a 6970 but all of the games listed above are not out for a while and so I can wait if need be.

trolling troll

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Hello. In my opinion i would buy the gpu in mind. but i would also compare it with any others using gpureview's chart, incase you change your mind. Finally, the 6970 is reletivly cheap and the games you want to play in most cases will not use the 1G buffer, so I would go with the 512 mb version, which would be cheaper. But as you said you have 300 $ to spend so you have alot of breathing space if you change your mind :D

He's called trolling troll for a reason, I guess.
You might as well wait, no? You'll probably save a couple of dollars. I don't think any of those but BF3 and possible ME3 will need a better card than you have to look good. When's the soonest game coming out?
Actually, it would probably be a good idea to just trawl for 6970 deals for the next couple of weeks; you'll have a good chance of finding a nice sale or something.
Have you considered unlocking a 6950? I don't know much about this, but it sounds good.

If you are buying a card for the future release of games, I'd recommend waiting. You might find the game you are waiting for sucks or a new card is released.

Of course if you are currently playing games that you could enjoy having more FPS with, then get it now.

G

I would definitely consider unlocking a 6950. I would also consider trying to run a crossfire setup but I don't think I could get into a decent enough one for 300 bones. Which led me to try and buy a single higher end card.

yeah personally Id wait furthermore a i52500k and a gtx 470 should run those games you listed pretty darn good and by the time those games are released there will likely be new , hopefully more powerful cards available. Personally I'd wait although I have to say that I have enjoyed the near flawless performance of my gtx 570 even by itself, it is a beast

BAH_HA now go and try to convince mommy and daddy to buy you an expensive gaming rig, damn kids