Plexs

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
I'm building my gaming Pc and I have the highest cable connection that my ISP provides (I forget the exact speed). I'm wondering what the best gaming router or network card available to give the most lag free gaming?

michxymi

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

I really don't know about routers, but there are several motherboards out there with build in network cards (though they're kind of expensive)

example:

GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER2 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128525

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
I've never personally tried spending alot of money on a "gaming-NIC" or "gaming-Router" ive always just used the Ethernet Port on the motherboard. As long as the motherboard is of reasonable quality, your connection is unlikely to notice any difference.

In game (server) lag is more likely to affect gameplay than the hardware your using. Latency over a gaming server most likely wont be improved by spending a ton of money on a network card.

Any reputable brand, Gigabit NIC (10/100/1000) should be as effective as any other.

Plexs

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Not looking to spend a ton but just wondering if there were any good routers mainly. I saw the Asus RT-N66U router on the bet but can't seem to find if it's available or not. It says "no game lag" so I figured that maybe routers had something to do with most lag. I know during server lag, everyone feels the lag during game but I'm just looking to clear up lag when it's only me.