Pc help screen tinted red when playing any game

JDPickett

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Hello,
ame problem windows and medi player work fine along with everything else. I just replaced the north bridge fan and now any 3D app turns the main display red tint like no green , games play fine but look all weird black is red ect. new NB fan makes a tight fit for 2 GTX 260's core 216, monitor should be fine games worked even when fan was dying now it is fixed but games don't look right

JDPickett

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
if the cards were not seated properly would I even get video and I run dual monitors both work fine HD movies work fine internet everything but games. and no it is not heat issues, or drivers. Like I said the only NB replacement fan is like a mm or 2 taller and i think tha back of the card might be touching it but it might not let the card fit perfect I just don't think that the chipset will last long with just a heat sink and no fan
but the only other option is to try to get one from MSI themselves and I can't find a fan that fits the old heatsinkand it is right behind the top PCIe slot damn msi

JDPickett

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
still not sure it is totally seated corectly but I just moved the sli connector from the second set to the first set "I must have put it on the second set when I put it back together by mistake "
And now the games work fine
great fps and cards never go over 70cel set at 65% with evga precision and 34 cel for the cpu and that is after 2 or 3 hrs of crysis 2