Sign in with
Your question

Help on finding a decent gaming motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
September 4, 2012 3:18:43 AM

Just as the title says, I need help finding a motherboard for my new PC build.
I've been absent from the PC community for about 10 years and from after a few weeks doing research, I feel like I am in over my head. So far this is what I have

Gaming case
Corsair 750tx
Nvidia GTX 480 1.5gb
Intel i5 2500k CPU
1tb HDD

I am stuck on which motherboard I should get. I am looking to do slight OC (nothing too extreme) and looking for something to eventually support another video card. I would also like to have the ability to upgrade the CPU in the future. Another concern is bottle necking either the CPU and GPU. My budget is around $120-150. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
a c 137 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
September 4, 2012 3:44:31 AM

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $114.99

Very good for the price.

If you doubt ASRock, this is a good board as well (albeit, at the edge of your budget): GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $149.99

Both are good for OC'ing, both are SLI capable, and both are able to use an Ivy Bridge CPU without a BIOS update (since they're Z77 boards).

Also, motherboards aren't really ever a cause of bottlenecks, no matter what board it is.
m
l
!