Sign in with
Your question

Need help to delete current bios

Last response: in Motherboards
September 4, 2012 5:00:00 AM

Hello all,

I have a question and I need someone to show me step by step to delete my upgraded bios back to the older version. I have core i7 920 1st generation intel processor. The MB is asus PT6 deluxe. I haven't update bios for the past 3 yrs since i build this system. 4 months ago, I updated to the latest bios now the computer is all messed up. Every time I power up the computer. The feature F1 and F2 show up. I check the bios, my date is off and I have to manually change the date to the current one. If I don't change it, the window takes forever to load and is a pain in the rear to have to change every time I use the computer. I never have any problem with my computer until I updated the bio, the computer still work and the date always off. I tried the ez flash feature in the bios to reinstall the original version. The flashing feature only allows me to update to the newest bios and wouldn't let me reinstall older version. Can someone show me how to delete my current bios and reinstall old bios? Thank you all in advance.

More about : delete current bios

a b V Motherboard
September 4, 2012 6:48:32 AM

Download the old bios from the ASUS website, and just install it (select from install from file) on top your current bios. (Current bios will overwritten, no need to be deleted)

Actually u cannot delete Bios, it will make the machine stop working.
a b V Motherboard
September 4, 2012 6:55:57 AM

jman2012 said:
..... I check the bios, my date is off and I have to manually change the date to the current one......

It a sign of dieing CMOS battery replace that before flashing the bios... (see the problems still happen, it could be the problems not the bios)
Meanwhile u replacing CMOS battery, also reset the CMOS to default (by removing the battery for 5 min, CPU power off)

it quite cheap can be bought almost anywhere :D 
Related resources
September 5, 2012 10:46:03 PM

rdc85 said:
Download the old bios from the ASUS website, and just install it (select from install from file) on top your current bios. (Current bios will overwritten, no need to be deleted)

Actually u cannot delete Bios, it will make the machine stop working.

Replacing the latest bios with the old bios doesn't work. I tried it before. Asus bios has easy flash. I save the old bios in a flash drive then flash with old version bios. A message pop up, telling me that the current bios is newer then the one i'm trying to install. It wouldn't override it. Let me try to replace the battery. Last time I took the battery out for 15 mins and installed it back to the MB, download latest bios flash it. Same problem, day off again. When the date is off, antivirus not working, window 7 is slow as heck.
a b V Motherboard
September 6, 2012 2:20:29 AM

Well that suck, gigabyte mobo had ability overwrite with older ones so I'm assume it same as ASUS (my bad).......

well i'm runs out of idea....... (hope change the CMOS Battery helps)
September 8, 2012 7:27:06 AM

Thank you for your suggestion. I fixed the problem already. Yeah you are right, it's the battery. I replaced new battery, resetted bios to default setting, changed correct date then save. When back in flashed the bios just to have a clean start. Now the computer runs like a charm. Thanks god I don't have to call tech support, they are a pain in the rear to deal with. It better to have your teeth pull then contracting them.
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2012 7:56:02 AM

Well, glad to hear it all works out..
!