Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Im in dilema..

Dont know which is motherboard for this pc case

http://static.pik.ba/galerija/2012-09/slika-82689-2012-09-1346807948-velika.jpg

I even dont know in which format is this case atx or btx

its a core 2 duo e4500, 2gigs ddr2..

What to do ?

To buy this pc ( but i dont know anything about mobo )

OR

to go with desktop HP DC7900 sff pc which is btx motherboard, but its stronger ( core 2 duo e8400, 4gigs ddr2, 160gb hdd, ati hd 6460 1gb ddr3 ) ?

Pls help

Everyone here will tell you just not to get either one.

They will tell you its cheaper to just build the computer yourself (for a low end PC its a lie).

However, they will also point out to the fact that you will at least get specifics tailored to your actual needs and a guaranteed upgrade path of some sort or other (this does have some value).

I would tend to agree with the others in this regard. I wouldn't get either one of those systems unless you are very intimidated about trying to work with hardware yourself. Even then I would try to convince you that its no big deal and nothing to be worried about.

If you really want to stick with one of those two choices, I guess I would go with the last one. Keep in mind I don't know very much about the first one, though.

If you tell me the budget you have in mind and what you want to accomplish with the PC, I can probably guide you towards a parts list that will accomplish the objectives. Either that or at least tell you if its not feasible, in which case you would just have to take one of those PCs anyway.

rzami

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

My budget is 170-185 euro.

I sell my old pentium d 925 presler 3.0 ghz, 2 gb ddr2, hd4350, which was hp dc7700 sff..it was pretty old but i run on it most games..like mafia 2, gta 4 with some lag, cod mw 2 maxed without lag, cod mw 3 on low everything, crysis 2 low, nba 2k12 medium.....

It was pretty nice pc, but the mobo was btx format, and that was bad part ans it was unupgradablle ( psu, low profile graphics, btx mobo and case )...

Im not a gamer, i just wanna to relax after job, with some games... gameplay is most important thing in gaming 4 me, not the graphics, so i would be fine playing new games on low settings...

If i buy hp dc 7900 sff ( which is btx to but with core 2 duo e7500-e8400) only thing that i would upgrade is ram memory and put some low end graphic card like hd6450..

Or to go 4 Maxdata tower core 2 duo e4500 2.20 ATX

My dillema is

Hpd dc 7900 is btx but stronger pc

Maxdata tower is atx but not stronger as the first one

ATX=BTX , which format is important ?

ATX is going to be infinitely more upgradeable than BTX will be. The only place I know of to get BTX stuff is on ebay.

Anyway, I guess I would go with the HP. It doesn't sound like the budget will be there soon to upgrade further.

rzami

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

Actually i will go for maxdara tower..,, i saw this pc yesterday...

it is micro tower atx mobo in midi tower case
had a 400w psu artic cooling or wateva
had a two cooler fans from back of the case
its c2d e6600 not e4500
2gb ddr2 667mhz in 2 slots, 2 more slots free
80gb sata wdc
dvd rw LG
card reader
vga int + pcie

and what graphics r good for this pc and psu ?

i can buy card in about 65-85 euro

A 6770 will probably work to get you some cheap but still highly cost effective video power without using too much power.

It is hard for me to make a solid recommendation without specifics, though.

400w PSU A and 400w PSU B can be hugely different in how they perform, for instance.

Compound that with 400w PSU A performing quite differently in Case A as compared to Case B.

Computers are like cards, there are many systems that are dependent on many other systems. If one of those systems performs poorly, the entire car can be rendered worthless till it is fixed.

The same thing applies with computers, except that cars are much more reliable than computers. The worst crap car parts usually still work pretty well. The worst crap computer parts can blow the whole thing up immediately after you turn the computer on the first time.