Faulty CPU please confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beedy555

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hi,

When i remove the ATX12V1 cables for CPU1 & CPU2 my computer boots fine

When these cables are attached the computer will only power on for a second then switch off

i wanted to be sure that the problem is related to my CPU specifically, and that this is the cause?

Thankyou

Beedy555

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes that is correct when the power cables from the PSU named "CPU1" and "CPU2" are not attached into the ATX12V1 port the PC boots fine, i have been trying to toubleshoot this for a while now, and i wanted to know if this is related to the PSU or the CPU? thanks again

Beedy555

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm quite confident this is a PSU issue now, although i did test the current PSU on another PC and it powered on, but that was a lower spec machine, another thing to mention is that the power surges when the PSU is running as if it varies from time to time.

thanks for links, i'm in the UK so i normally use http://www.overclockers.co.uk ;)

If the PSU power surges under use, definitely the PSU is bad. Replace right away.

Use the Newegg links as a reference. I like Corsair's Modular series PSUs.

Beedy555

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hi,

its taken a while, however the issue is now solved!! i bought a new OCZ 750W PSU to replace my damaged one and everything is running great! Thanks for the help, turns out it was a faulty PSU..

Status
Not open for further replies.