MODU87+ --- Anyone have this?

Does anyone have any experience with this power supply?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817194058

I've always thought a strong single 12v line would be the best option, however this one has three smaller 12v lines... Can someone shed some light on me?
3 answers Last reply
More about modu87 this
  1. Single Rail vs. Multi Rail really doesn't matter on a well-designed PSU with properly defined OCP set points. The Enermax Modu87+ is such a PSU, and has received excellent competent technical reviews. The only shortcoming I see is that it only comes with two PCIE cables. You'd have to use adapters to power a pair of high-end GPUs. For the price, check out the Seasonic X-650 or X-750.
  2. Wow I just now noticed it only has 2 pcie cables (was actually considering this PSU over my original XFX 650)... I was more concerned and wondered more about the multiple rails.

I guess I have no other reason to look any furthur about questions with the Enermax.
  3. The Modu87+ actually does have four PCIe connectors. I know it says two on the overview tab, but that is wrong or a misprint or something like that. If you check any review of it, or the Enermax product page or even the details tabs then you will see that it has four.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Light Components Product