P8P67 Pro Boot Cycling Problems

Peanut06

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
So, I figured this board was the proper place to post this only because it still feels like its primarily the MOBO's problem. If this is in the wrong place I apologize in advanced.

This problem started right after a perfectly normal experience with my computer. Played a few games, had no issues what so ever, and then went to sleep. When I woke up the next day however I noticed my cat, sleeping on my power button, which in turn was cycling the power on my computer. When I tried to boot it up after, I was greeted with an Overclocking Has Failed, Press F1 to reset message.

So I went into BIOs, reset to default, and exited and saved. That brought me to major problem number one. It started boot cycling. It couldn't even make it to BIOs anymore, it would just try to turn on and fail. I sat on the problem for a while until I read that a common fix to my issue was to CLRTC. Now this is something I've never done, but I figured I'd try it anyway. I did NOT reset the CMOS battery itself. Instead I reset the Jumper.

Go figure, it booted up, but with some minor defects. First thing that seemed weird was the fact that it came up with a different BIOs prompt than I'm used to. Where it normally shows MegaTrends, it instead shows ASUS Motherboard: press Del to EFI Bios. Or something similar to that nature.

I figured I could live with a slightly different BIOs prompt so I ran through some day to day tasks on my computer and noticed it was a little chuggy. So then I tried to install a game using my DVD-ROM drive, and was greeted with a BSOD. Unfortunately it did not save the dump file, and I was too taken aback by the blue screen to take any notes.

It feels like I'm on the verge of finally fixing this thing, but I think my main problem is I have to manually reset all the BIO figures. I have no idea how to really do this so I was hoping someone with more experience could gave me a quick run-down.

Should I have reset the CMOS battery too? Or should I just correct some things in BIOs?

I appreciate any help that can be given, and thank you for spending the time to read this wall of text. Let me know if any further info is required and I'll do my best to provide it.

Thanks.

Peanut06

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
The Blue Screen is getting more persistent but unfortunately it's hard to replicate. It seems to happen at random. And, when it does happen, it leaves me with no error code. When I try to access the mini-dump there's nothing there. Definitely a head-scratching moment for me.