Sign in with
Your question

Switch Cases

Last response: in Components
November 29, 2011 7:50:19 PM

I currently have the following HP desktop: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I was considering building a new PC, but thought against it having only bought the HP a little over a year ago. I thought I would be able to save money by just switching cases. I was wondering if this is possible to do with the desktop I have, and would you recommend it?

How would I be able to tell which case would be compatible with my hardware? (exact hardware can be found on the newegg site)

Thanks!

More about : switch cases

a c 694 ) Power supply
a b α HP
November 29, 2011 8:32:31 PM

Your hardware would fit in any normal ATX case (mini, mid or full tower) but why switch cases? You can put in a decent GPU and upgrade PSU in your current case.
November 30, 2011 12:41:41 AM

You should be find compatibility wise. Though when switching cases you have to watch out for the on/off switch, reset switch, etc, because the current set of switches my not fit the newer motherboard. The new one that comes with the new motherboard might not be so nice to change out with the old one. I ran into this problem doing the same thing.

!