microsoft mouse on Windows 2000

Can the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse work with Windows 2000? I have a built-in
bluetooth adapter in my Dell laptop and want a wireless mouse with an
external dongle. If not, any other brand mouse that might work?

Ken

---
More about microsoft mouse windows 2000

    IF you're using the latest Dell drivers (1.4) then any Bluetooth mouse,
    including the Microsoft one, will work.

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    MS MVP Mobile Devices

    "Ken Williams" <NotReal@email.com> wrote in message
    > Can the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse work with Windows 2000? I have a
    built-in
    > bluetooth adapter in my Dell laptop and want a wireless mouse with an
    > external dongle. If not, any other brand mouse that might work?
    >
    > Ken
    >

    > ---

    Even on Windows 2000? I noticed that their website only mentions WinXP.
    Being forced to upgrade makes it a $200 mouse...
    Ken

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > IF you're using the latest Dell drivers (1.4) then any Bluetooth mouse,
    > including the Microsoft one, will work.
    >
    > --
    > Mauricio Freitas
    > MS MVP Mobile Devices
    > Bluetooth Guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
    > Performance Center: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
    >
    > "Ken Williams" <NotReal@email.com> wrote in message
    > > Can the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse work with Windows 2000? I have a
    > built-in
    > > bluetooth adapter in my Dell laptop and want a wireless mouse with an
    > > external dongle. If not, any other brand mouse that might work?
    > >
    > > Ken
    > >

    > > ---

    ---
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    It's because the Bluetooth dongle that comes with the mouse requires Windows
    XP SP1. The mouse itself is just another Bluetooth HID device. I've used it
    on my Windows 2000 machine with TDK 1.4:

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

    > Even on Windows 2000? I noticed that their website only mentions WinXP.
    > Being forced to upgrade makes it a $200 mouse...
    > Ken
    >

    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > > IF you're using the latest Dell drivers (1.4) then any Bluetooth mouse,
    > > including the Microsoft one, will work.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mauricio Freitas
    > > MS MVP Mobile Devices
    > > Bluetooth Guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
    > > Performance Center: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
    > >
    > > "Ken Williams" <NotReal@email.com> wrote in message
    > > > Can the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse work with Windows 2000? I have a
    > > built-in
    > > > bluetooth adapter in my Dell laptop and want a wireless mouse with an
    > > > external dongle. If not, any other brand mouse that might work?
    > > >
    > > > Ken
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > >

    > ---

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Great, that's all I needed to know. I wasn't planning to use their dongle,
    it's about 4 inches too long.

    > It's because the Bluetooth dongle that comes with the mouse requires
    Windows
    > XP SP1. The mouse itself is just another Bluetooth HID device. I've used
    it
    > on my Windows 2000 machine with TDK 1.4:
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1008

    > Handhelds, mobile: http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    > Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
    >

    > "Ken Williams" <NotReal@email.com> wrote in message
    > > Even on Windows 2000? I noticed that their website only mentions WinXP.
    > > Being forced to upgrade makes it a $200 mouse...
    > > Ken
    > >

    > > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > > > IF you're using the latest Dell drivers (1.4) then any Bluetooth
    mouse,
    > > > including the Microsoft one, will work.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Mauricio Freitas
    > > > MS MVP Mobile Devices
    > > > Bluetooth Guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
    > > > Performance Center:
    > > >
    > > > "Ken Williams" <NotReal@email.com> wrote in message
    > > > built-in

    > > ---

    ---
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Are you running Windows2000 on it? What model Dell? I have a Latitude
    D400.

    "Morgan R. Pugh" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:53:05 -0700, Ken Williams wrote:
    >
    > >Great, that's all I needed to know. I wasn't planning to use their
    dongle,
    > >it's about 4 inches too long.
    > >Ken
    >
    > Yeah I have been looking into this as well. I have a Dell TrueMobile
    > 300 Bluetooth adapter in my laptop and it works fine with both
    > Logitech MX900 and the Microsoft Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer or
    > whatever it is called. I took my laptop into my local Dixons to try
    > them out. Didn't actually buy one yet though :P
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Morgan R. Pugh
    > http://mrp.freeshell.org

    ---
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:53:05 -0700, Ken Williams wrote:

    >Great, that's all I needed to know. I wasn't planning to use their dongle,
    >it's about 4 inches too long.
    >Ken

    Yeah I have been looking into this as well. I have a Dell TrueMobile
    300 Bluetooth adapter in my laptop and it works fine with both
    Logitech MX900 and the Microsoft Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer or
    whatever it is called. I took my laptop into my local Dixons to try
    them out. Didn't actually buy one yet though :P
    --
    Regards,
    Morgan R. Pugh
    http://mrp.freeshell.org
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:37:37 -0700, Ken Williams wrote:

    >Are you running Windows2000 on it? What model Dell? I have a Latitude
    >D400.

    I am running Windows XP Pro SP1 as that is what it came with however I
    have run Windows 2000 Pro SP4 on it with no problem.

    It is an Inspiron 8500.
    --
    Regards,
    Morgan R. Pugh