justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I have ordered the parts to my system and now I am waiting for them.
All I need now is to choose a good monitor. The one I wanted to order went out of stock, so I decided to order everything else first. Does not seem like it will be back at newegg any time soon.
Anyway..

I am looking for a good, reliable monitor that will work without problems for some good years.

Budget: Nothing over $200, but if I have to pay for shipping, I do not mind.
Brand: I would rather it be from Samsung, Asus, and other well known brands. But it could be from somewhere else if it is that good.

Resolution: 1920x1080. That is the resolution I will be gaming at with my gtx 580.
i want the monitor to be from 21.5 inches to 24 inches. I do not want it too be massive in size.
The monitor can be either lcd or led, does not really matter.
I do no want my monitor to look flimsy, or clunky. The design does not really matter, but it should look pretty nice.

Thanks guys!

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
there is so much choices it is hard to choose haha. I already found much that I like but I can't decide which is best.
Where does it say the refresh rate of monitors? hm..

4745454b

Titan
No I don't.

120Hz monitors that are TVs are actually just 60Hz monitors that double the frame shown. This can make video smoother and cause input problems for gamers. 120Hz monitors that are monitors are usually 3D monitors. This means they are still 60Hz monitors, just 60 frames for each eye. The underlying tech is still the same.