Sign in with
Your question

1st Build- ASRock Gen3 with Rosewill Challenger Wiring Qs

Last response: in Motherboards
September 4, 2012 9:15:52 PM

After reading articles on Tom's Hardware I finally decided to try and build a computer. This is my first build that took me 8 months to buy all the pieces and I am freaking out because I have 3 wire plugs from the Rosewill case that don't seem to fit anywhere in the ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 mobo.

The ones in question are the POWER, HDD and RESET that come from the case wiring. Any help is appreciated, because this is day 2 that I am trying to figure it out and the Asrock manual/pictures aren't any help.

Also the WD Caviar Blue HDD did not come with any wires, what do I need to get, and where do they plug into the computer?

This is my parts list:
Rosewill Challenger case
ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 mobo
EVGA GeFroce GTX 560 2GB VC
Cooler Master X6 fan
G.Skill Ares 2x4GB 2133Mhz
Caviar Blue 500GB
LiteON 24x DVD/CD drive
Rosewill 630W 80+ PSU

I am using a borrowed computer right now so any help is appreciated so I can get mine running.
Many Thanks
September 4, 2012 9:33:51 PM

open your motherboard instructions and go to the part where is explains case power/reset/HDD

on the x3/gen3 the pins are on the bottom right corner on the motherboard (installed)
m
l
September 4, 2012 9:52:37 PM

Thanks the Case wiring does not tell me polarity of the wires. All three of the wires has a white wire, and each has a different 2nd wire (Blue, Green, Red). Is the white wire positive or negative?
m
l
September 4, 2012 10:30:58 PM

Anybody know if the white wire on the Rosewill Challenger case jumpers is Pos or Neg? I purchased a long time ago and lost the owner's manual and I can't find this info anywhere-including Rosewill.com. Thanks
m
l
September 4, 2012 10:58:51 PM

Just got a call back from Rosewill and they said the white wire is negative on a 3 jumper wires. Hope this helps out someone else.

Now to figure out what wires I need for the HDD?
m
l
September 5, 2012 10:36:04 PM

It took me 3 days but I am now typing on my new computer. It took me so long to buy all the parts that I ended up losing the instructions for the case and the video card. Anyways it is running fine with the help of Newegg's Youtube videos and a few calls the manufacturers. I am a little bummed that the CM X6 does not fit into the Rosewill Challenger case, so i will be modding the case. Also to anyone who is also handicapped, don't give up even when nobody is there to help you out - just press on.

Dear admimistrator please close out this thread. Thanks
m
l
!