Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question about power supplies

Last response: in Components
November 29, 2011 9:42:31 PM

I am planning to build a PC later, but I had to jump when i saw a Corsair TX750 V2 750W for 70$ after MIB. I was wondering if I could see if it works by only plugging it into the wall. I will be building this PC around early January, and id like to see if it works before the RMA from Newegg goes. If there is no way without plugging it into a computer, I could try it out on my old HP, but I would have to leave it out of the case, since there is no way it will fit. Also, i would like to know what I would have to plug in for it to run.

Thanks, guys

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 29, 2011 9:58:19 PM

I would buy this combo today: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite.... You can use the corsair for a spare. both are only $42 after rebate, which ends today. You won't be able to test the new power supply except with a voltmeter. I wouldn't worry about it.
a b ) Power supply
November 29, 2011 10:04:44 PM

EpigGforce said:
I am planning to build a PC later, but I had to jump when i saw a Corsair TX750 V2 750W for 70$ after MIB. I was wondering if I could see if it works by only plugging it into the wall. I will be building this PC around early January, and id like to see if it works before the RMA from Newegg goes. If there is no way without plugging it into a computer, I could try it out on my old HP, but I would have to leave it out of the case, since there is no way it will fit. Also, i would like to know what I would have to plug in for it to run.

Thanks, guys

if you have a case fan, you can do the paper clip trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2011 10:05:39 PM

Thanks, o1die. I was just a little worried, because I always am. Although, I've heard great things about Corsair, and probably shouldn't worry at all. I do have a voltmeter (and also am amazed I didn't think of that earlier) but I probably wont try it anyway.
m
l
November 29, 2011 10:06:25 PM

Best answer selected by EpigGforce.
m
l
!