What does the power button connect to on the laptop motherboard? I broke it and

simplyalon

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Hello,
I acquired a Toshiba Satellite 655D. The entire power button assembly, including the female connector (broken off motherboard) and keyboard strip connector are also broken on the motherboard. I found replacement power button, but not the female housing it connects to on the motherboard. I purchased a replacement keyboard cable connector that is to be reconnected to the motherboard, but it came with a flat multi wired strip that isn't on the original. The original was soldered directly to the motherboard. What are my options?

simplyalon

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
I took pics and would like a link to place the photos in the thread or however I ought to share. To be concise, the ribbon is attached to the keyboard securely. The Challenge is the part that connects the keyboard cable to the motherboard is broken off. The same is true of the power button assembly- the power button can be ordered with no problem, but female part that is supposed to be attached to the motherboard is detached from the solder and broken. I can't seem to locate a replacement. Thanks for your help!

Engima

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Try imageshack to host your pictures. From how you're describing the ribbon, you might have to try to take off the connector on the motherboard carefully with a soldering iron but I'll wait on the pictures.

simplyalon

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
http://imageshack.us/g/138/tsat655.jpg/
Here's the pic of the dismantled and broken power button. The female part that is usually soldered to the motherboard broke off also and is in the pic. The broken keyboard connector is above the power button and its "replacement" is above it. The resemblance is equal except there is no tape of circuits on the original connector. It was broken off. I have a soldering kit, but am anxious about using it on the motherboard. The other pic I identified the areas on the motherboard where the female connector and keyboard connector should be stationed on the motherboard. Pointing to the areas with pens.