jackyalvin

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is in the worry category, but I'm going to pick out a case for my gaming rig.

Parts so far: Asus Sabertooth
i6 2500k
Coolermaster hyper 212+ (With push and push)
2x Asus GTX 570
Samsung spinpoint f3
Asus 24x Optical Drive
Corsair AX850 (Just asking, is 850w enough or do I need 1000w ?)

I case I'm going to buy has to be at Fry's so there isn't a whole lot of choice, but I limited down to these, (Budget: $200) please explain, not just picking one.

Coolermaster Haf X vs In-Win Dragon Rider vs Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
(BIg, like stlye, roomy) (Big, CPU liquid cooling) (Roomy, window)

So what do you guys think?

Solution

gunslinger36

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

I own a Coolermaster HAF 932 which is almost as big as HAF X. It´s the best case I´ve ever had. A lot of room, very cool and stylish. I think it´s perfect for SLI.

Solution

jackyalvin

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

I was originally going to get a Haf 932, but I found out that it doesn't have any dust filters. It's not a big problem,l but all the other cases have filters. But anyways, does it cool nicely? and what about noise (Not a big factor, but sometimes I leave my computer on at night, don't want noise bothering me when I'm sleeping)

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Have any problems with a certain company as far as their case quality? Not really, but then I've never bought from any of the supposed low-end makers. I'm going to be upgrading to the Dragon Rider soon, for both aesthetic and functional reasons.

gunslinger36

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

Yeah I was a little annoyed when I realized that it doesn´t have any dust filters. So I search for a way to build them myself, so I used a pantyhose :p. On you tube there are a lots of videos that show you how to do it :D The temeperature of whole system is very nice. I owned a mid tower case with a 460 gtx SLI, when playing the temperature go up to 80° C (176° F) each vga, now they barely reach 60°. It´s a big difference. My old case had 4 small fans and they were noiser than the big fans of the 932, they are very silence because of the low revolutions.

Rizlla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
When you go through the reviews of the cases look at the functions and cool little things the cases have to offer. It will also help you decide. That is how I chose my case. I was choosing between the Antec 900 TWO and the 1200. I ended up taking the 900 TWO, because it has almost all the features of the 1200 and it is cheaper.

jackyalvin

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

Sorry for the bother. But I can't seem to find any "pantyhose" for the haf 932 on youtube. Can you give me a link or instructions to me? Also, does it take long to do?

jackyalvin

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

Is it useless? I actually thought that it might of been helpful, especially if I bought an Asus Sabertooth P67, because of the thermal armor.

jackyalvin

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
What do you guys think of the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1.

*It's got a window
*Advanced Cable management
*4 5.25 Drive Bays,(not too much, not too little) (Probably only using 1 drive, maybe 3 if I want a fan controller.
*Full tower, smaller then HAF X

Or is the HAF X that much better? (I know about the temperatures of the GPU with the Thermalake and the HAF)

Currently modding/building in a Dragon rider, loving it but its on hold atm life issues Grrr
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=311860&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

I'd ignore case makers that say 'advanced cable management' you can build a pc, you sure can route a few cables neatly lol,
on the fan controller though, you dont have to use up a drivebay for the controller :)
@Cuecue, Flamewar!! omg! the cpu fan is like some percent or other more effective than cheese on toast at cooling the cpu you frkkin nublordzz omg :p
nah, its nice and all but I'm yet to see if its as effective as it should be,
I also removed the 220mm fan to set in an acrylic window instead so if I used a cooler, It would have room
Moto

TRENDING THREADS