DIY Alternative Stylus for DS (Especcially for Yoshi Touch..

unkn2232324

Hello,

Been playing LOTS of Yoshi Touch & Go, like most people, im right handed.
One thing I have noticed more on this game, but which affects all STYLUS
ONLY games, is the length of the stylus. The way I hold it, means I can at
times loose visibility of almost the entire screen. For example, if I want
to circle an enemy in Yoshi Touch & Go, and the enemy is located in the top
left of the touch screen, my entire hand covers the screen and I cannot see
what is up ahead...

My solution!
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2A3163CA

Its SEE THROUGH and SOOOOO much longer, that your hand is nowhere near the
screen. Remember to remove the inside of the pen, just use the clear casing
on its own. My first go using this "new stylus" and I managed to get my
best ever Yoshi score in marathon mode, 4900 yards. I can imagine it being
useful in any game where hand action reduces the screen visibility.

There must be a million other alternative stylus!! Anyone else got a wacky
idea which works?

G.

"G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Been playing LOTS of Yoshi Touch & Go, like most people, im right handed.
> One thing I have noticed more on this game, but which affects all STYLUS
> ONLY games, is the length of the stylus. The way I hold it, means I can
at
> times loose visibility of almost the entire screen. For example, if I
want
> to circle an enemy in Yoshi Touch & Go, and the enemy is located in the
top
> left of the touch screen, my entire hand covers the screen and I cannot
see
> what is up ahead...
>
> My solution!
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2A3163CA
>
> Its SEE THROUGH and SOOOOO much longer, that your hand is nowhere near
the
> screen. Remember to remove the inside of the pen, just use the clear
casing
> on its own. My first go using this "new stylus" and I managed to get my
> best ever Yoshi score in marathon mode, 4900 yards. I can imagine it
being
> useful in any game where hand action reduces the screen visibility.
>
> There must be a million other alternative stylus!! Anyone else got a
wacky
> idea which works?

There's an option to make Yoshi walk the other way. I assume it's meant for
left-handed people, but my friend tells me he does a lot better that way,
and he's right-handed too.
But good idea...I'm going to try it. It doesn't hurt your accuracy that
you're not 'writing' with the center? I mean where the ballpoint should be?

unkn2232324

> There's an option to make Yoshi walk the other way. I assume it's meant
> for
> left-handed people, but my friend tells me he does a lot better that way,
> and he's right-handed too.

Cool, might try although ill probably get wasted. I must have racked up 15+
hours going towards the right.

> But good idea...I'm going to try it. It doesn't hurt your accuracy that
> you're not 'writing' with the center? I mean where the ballpoint should
> be?

I thought it would, but its absolutely perfect for me. Just got past 5000
for the first time!!! :) Man I am SOOOO addicted to this stupid game lol
:).

G.

"G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Been playing LOTS of Yoshi Touch & Go, like most people, im right handed.
> One thing I have noticed more on this game, but which affects all STYLUS
> ONLY games, is the length of the stylus. The way I hold it, means I can
at
> times loose visibility of almost the entire screen. For example, if I
want
> to circle an enemy in Yoshi Touch & Go, and the enemy is located in the
top
> left of the touch screen, my entire hand covers the screen and I cannot
see
> what is up ahead...
>
> My solution!
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2A3163CA
>
> Its SEE THROUGH and SOOOOO much longer, that your hand is nowhere near
the
> screen. Remember to remove the inside of the pen, just use the clear
casing
> on its own. My first go using this "new stylus" and I managed to get my
> best ever Yoshi score in marathon mode, 4900 yards. I can imagine it
being
> useful in any game where hand action reduces the screen visibility.
>
> There must be a million other alternative stylus!! Anyone else got a
wacky
> idea which works?
>
> G.

My son is using an extra stylus from my Compaq iPaq. It's perfect...