Remove Icons from Explorer View

victord

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2003

When I download files and explorer opens to the appropriate
folder, there are already many files in the folder and it
seems to take a while for the icons next to the file names
to appear. Is there any way to display the files without

List or Details view will load quicker.

On the View menu | Select either List or Details view

List
[[List view displays the contents of a folder as a list of file or folder
names preceded by small icons. This view is useful if your folder contains
many files and you want to scan the list for a file name. You can sort your
files and folders in this view; however, you cannot display your files in
groups.

Details
In Details view, Windows lists the contents of the open folder and provides
detailed information about your files, including name, type, size, and date
modified. In Details view you can also show your files in groups.
To choose the details you want to display, on the View menu, click Choose
Details.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:2ad8101c46661$f73eded0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Victord <victord@istar.ca> hunted and pecked:
> When I download files and explorer opens to the appropriate
> folder, there are already many files in the folder and it
> seems to take a while for the icons next to the file names
> to appear. Is there any way to display the files without

List or Details view will load quicker.

On the View menu | Select either List or Details view

List
[[List view displays the contents of a folder as a list of file or folder
names preceded by small icons. This view is useful if your folder contains
many files and you want to scan the list for a file name. You can sort your
files and folders in this view; however, you cannot display your files in
groups.

Details
In Details view, Windows lists the contents of the open folder and provides
detailed information about your files, including name, type, size, and date
modified. In Details view you can also show your files in groups.
To choose the details you want to display, on the View menu, click Choose
Details.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:2ad8101c46661$f73eded0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Victord <victord@istar.ca> hunted and pecked:
> When I download files and explorer opens to the appropriate
> folder, there are already many files in the folder and it
> seems to take a while for the icons next to the file names
> to appear. Is there any way to display the files without

List or Details view will load quicker.