Asus M5A97

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
September 5, 2012 8:09:13 AM

So I have the beep beep error thingy, the code goes like this:

Long short short short
Wait
Long short short short short (Small Wait) short

I remove both Ram sticks (Using the blue ports) and I get no error, using the CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600. I'm going to sleep so won't read till tomorrow all replies are well appreciated.

Other PC specs:
LG DVD Burner Black SATA
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 Cores (Fermi)
ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 Power Supply
Western Digital AV-GP 1TB IntelliPower SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hardrive
And finally the processor AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core

More about : asus m5a97

a b } Memory
September 5, 2012 3:46:58 PM

From your post above: Long short short short

From the mobo manual: 1 long beep followed by 3 short = no video adapter detected.

and 1 long beep followed by 4 short is triggered because of the above error. It means "Hardware component failure".
m
l
September 5, 2012 6:32:53 PM

phil22 said:
From your post above: Long short short short

From the mobo manual: 1 long beep followed by 3 short = no video adapter detected.

and 1 long beep followed by 4 short is triggered because of the above error. It means "Hardware component failure".

So why would the RAM do this? When I take it out it no longer has the error
m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
September 5, 2012 7:30:42 PM

Are the memory modules being fully seated into the memory sockets on the motherboard?
m
l
September 5, 2012 7:34:35 PM

ko888 said:
Are the memory modules being fully seated into the memory sockets on the motherboard?

Yes I push them down until the levers push them self's in
m
l
a b } Memory
September 5, 2012 7:42:52 PM

Karnage953 said:
Yes I push them down until the levers push them self's in

There should be a POST beep code when no memory is installed on the motherboard.

If you're not getting any POST beep code when no memory is installed then the CPU would be the next component to look at. Check to see that the CPU is properly installed.
m
l
September 6, 2012 6:18:14 AM

ko888 said:
There should be a POST beep code when no memory is installed on the motherboard.

If you're not getting any POST beep code when no memory is installed then the CPU would be the next component to look at. Check to see that the CPU is properly installed.

Sorry for the extremely late reply I decided to take a break cause all these tabs and stuff have really hurt my fingers lol. I tried unlocking the tab or whatever to the CPU fan and it comes off, but when I pull up it doesn't want to come off. I'm afraid I will damage the mother board, it actually starts bending the motherboard a bit when I do so
m
l
September 20, 2012 9:07:43 AM

Ah its helpless, $900 down the drain. Thank you so much guys (Sarcasm)
m
l
September 21, 2012 7:15:58 AM

i have the same board this happened to my ram upgrade , my answer is take everything out strip it down then rebuild i done it and it worked only takes bout hour tops and also these mobos have a habit of not seating the gpu correct just a bit of advice
m
l
!