Hey Guys, I'm new to building my own gaming computer. I've been searching around for reviews and infos on parts for a new one, and now I need some advice.
Here are the parts I'm planning to get from NewEgg:
- Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z (LGA 1155)
- CPU : i5-2500K
- CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio
- RAM : G.Skill Rijaw 2 x 4GB (Cas 9, 1.5V)
- GPU : Asus Matrix GTX 580
- PSU : Corsair HX750
- SSD : Crucial RealSSD C300
- HDD : Western Digital, Caviar Black, 500 GB, 7200 RPM
- Blu-ray Drive: Samsung Sata III
- Monitor : Asus VS248H-P (24``, 2 ms response, 1920 x 1080, LED Backlight)
The computer will be used for:
- Homeworks, browsing, ordinary stuff
- Gaming (BF3 FTW!)
1) Is there any compatibility issue?
2) Will overclocking my CPU give me anything in games?
3) If I overclock my CPU, will I be able to do it at 4 or 4.5 GHz without overheating, considering the Thermaltake Frio?
Why do u need more storage ???
Well let's break it down games r growing in size .. average game now is 10-20 gb .. plus movies, music, etc u will fill up ur 500gb in a jiffy .. why don't get a twice bigger HDD for a little more.
And don't by water cooler they are noisy and u'll be fine with regular air cooler