DHCPServer =16.92.3. 250 FAILED

How do I correct this step by step directions.
13 answers Last reply
More about dhcpserver failed
  1. do you have a active DHCP server or router?
  2. I am not sure, I am not computer savy. But I don't think I have a router.
    It states DHCP SERVER FAILED.
  3. how are you connected to the internet?
  4. yes I am.
  5. dee914 said:
    yes I am.

The question was how are you connected to the internet. Cable or DSL via the phone line.

If DSL you probably have an integrated router/modem. If cable, you may only have a modem.

Have a look at the brand and model and check what it is by Googling the name.

If it's a router it probably came with a CD which will contain a manual -- which you can also download from the maker's support site. Well worth reading.
  6. Ok, I do have a Modem, and I will check on that when I get home from work tonight, thank you for your help.
  7. ok I did have DSL AT&T and recently changed to high speed cable with
    Time warner. But, I had the same problem before I switched to High Speed, my computer constantly freezing, and I did find the problem was was I discribed above when I did a diagnostic test.
  8. The strange IP address means that it hasn't connected. Check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
  9. Do not publish your e-mail address (edit it out) or you may be subject to spam. We encourage users to send Personal Messages via the forum PM system.
  10. Yes , they are both automatically enabled.
  11. My computer constantly freezes so, I ran a network Diagnostic test. It states that
    Default Outlook express mail not configured, Default outlook express news not configured and Internet explorer web proxy not configured. I don't know if that is an issue or not but, I do know that in red it states underneath NETWORK ADAPTERS
    00000001 HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter failed also underneath that it states, DHCPServer =16.92.250 FAILED, also underneath that it states DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
  12. Ignore the Outlook and proxy stuff.

Check Device Manager (Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Hardware) and see if the Network Adapter is flagged as faulty. It may just be a driver issue -- in which case, go to the computer manufacturer's website (or the motherboard maker's) and update the driver.

You can always add a new network adapter (PCI or USB) for not much money.
  13. nothing is flagged, I updated the drivers, still not working properly.
Ask a new question

Read More

Networking