Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't Get My GFX Card Working On My New Build

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 29, 2011 5:03:12 AM

Hey All,

I am hoping you guys will catch something I am just not thinking of. I just completed a custom build and almost everything went great. I am booted up to WIndows 7 and almost everything is working well...everything but the graphics card. I bought a PowerColor Radeon HD 6850, and I can't get the system to recognize it or display anything out of it. I've tried drivers from the disk, drivers from PowerColor's site, and drivers from AMD's site. None of them work. I made sure to set the Bios, by changing "Init Display First" to the PCIe x16 slot (the slot I have the card in, but I also tried the x4 slot), and OnBoard VGA is set to "Enable if no ext PEG". The MoBo is a Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3. I am at a loss where to go from here. Is it possible I got a DOA card? I was very careful with it when I installed it. Anyone have suggestions for something else I can try? This is literally the last thing I need to have my system fully finished. The MoBo DVI port is working for now, but obviously I want to use my gfx card! Any help is greatly appreciated!

More about : gfx card working build

Best solution

June 29, 2011 7:25:03 AM

Did you plug in the extra power connector to the card?
June 29, 2011 2:21:04 PM

Best answer selected by raykinstl.
June 29, 2011 2:21:58 PM

Thank you! I was finishing this build after a long day (with only 3 hours sleep the night before) and knew I would forget something simple. Damn, I must have been tired to not think of that. Well now I know what to do when I get home. I really appreciate the assist!
!