Graphical Issues Unsure of The Cause

Kingdestiny

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
So I have a 460GTX it is not overclocked yesterday it hit 66Celsius. I've had it hit 70 in the past with no issues. But after last night I don't know what the deal is but I'm getting weird like hm. They look like giant spikes. They come from textures in almost all my games. I've seen rainbow colors on specific objects. like Doors Or signs. I've had flickering textures and things go black. Temp is down now running at a steady 50C and still getting weird errors. Is the card fried or is this some type of driver error? I've had issues with my graphical driver for a long time.

You can try rolling back to an older driver, or reinstalling your driver to see if that fixes the problem. It's also possible that while the GPU itself is not overheating, the VRAM might be. You can use GPU-Z to get temps on the various components of the card, including GPU and VRAM. If neither of those are the problem, then the card is probably failing.

Kingdestiny

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I'm going by according to Evga Precision temp readings. I Have CPU-Z but no GPU-Z. My ambient temps are normally 74-75. Can't afford to keep the house any cooler then that.

I've had the card since maybe october of last year. I've never had this card overclocked not ever. As for warranty I have no idea. I didn't order any extended warranty. But there have been several posts on newegg recently about people having had this particular card die.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125333

Kingdestiny

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Sorry for double post but this is rather urgent. The artifacting has become worse and worse my windows folders even glitch. I have guessed that the card is infact dieing. I'm curious if anyone else has had the nvidia 460 in the link above and able to get a refund or replacement for it dieing in less then a year from them having built a faulty card.

have you tried play around with the driver yet? but i heard before some GTX460 died after a few months. most of the cause are due to poor cooling on the VRM parts. where did you buy your card?

Kingdestiny

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
its not asus. sorry i'm unsure of what my sig says. it may be old. My card is from gigabyte. i've sent the a message. I've yet to get a reply its still being processed. Will see what they say.