New pc shuts down while playing games

tomoga

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hello,
I recently purchased a new computer but whenever I play a game my computer shuts down. My computer doesn't overheat so I think that my power supply is the problem. I now have a combat power cp 750 watts psu, is this enough? Please help, I'm desperate !!!!!!

My specs are :
Processor : AMD Phenom II x6 1090t
Motherboard : ASRock M3N78D
RAM : Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-10666 1333Mhz
Graphics Card : ASUS GTX 590 3GB
HDD : Seagate 1TB SATA3 ST31000524AS 7200 32mb
Case : Recom Powerstation Evo
CPU Cooler : Antec Kühler h2o 620
PSU : combat power cp 750W

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation on the GeForce 500 series:

GeForce GTX 590 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit.
GeForce GTX 590 SLI - On your average system the card requires you to have a 1000+ Watt power supply unit.

----------

The PSU you have appears to be a very very cheap model. Ideally you want to be looking at a decent branded 80 PLUS rated PSU.

Take a look at something from Corsair, Antec, OCZ, XFX, SeaSonic.

More than likely the reason your PC is shutting down is due to lack of power since your PSU probably doesn't deliver anywhere near 750w under load.

combat power cp 750 watts psu

Dear Watson, there's the problem.

A cheap psu of 750w, probably only put's out about 400w, which is not enough for your system. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Why would you trust a cheapo power supply to power and protect your very expensive electrical components? Not very smart at all.

I would disconnect that thing right now and don't even use it until you get something else. Keep fire extinguisher handy.

larkspur

Distinguished
Is that a system you built or something from a vendor? If so, what vendor? Quality of power supply is extremely important as there is a ton of cheap crap floating around. You have a demanding system and should really give yourself a cushion and pick up a quality 1kW from a solid brand name.

No vendor would use that psu on that system, unless it came with a low power or integrated graphics card.

tomoga

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

Sure, do you think the OCZ ZX Series 1250W Power Supply will work ?