E7500 ,hd 6850 , gs 600w , APC 550 w, confused to the max..help

1and0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Hello,
Will e7500 bottleneck HD6850
Im planning to get a new HD 6850 and a corsair gs600 , my current system specs are core2duo e7500, 4gbddr2, dg31pr mb, hyper tx3 cooler , i have not overcloackd my processor since i never had a gfx in ma desktop...
I have a plan for upgrading my mb and processor also but im less in cash now(planning to get an i5 2500k and a sutable mb to overcloack)
But upgrading to i5 will take some time to be in my hand., until that can i buy hd6850 and gs600 and work without any problem , i like to play crysis2 and bf3 .
One more important thing i have an APC 550 back-ups only .,will that be a problem for 600 w psu , i dont need backup power i just want reliable current flow so that my system parts will be safe ( i know wen current wil go in my area :) )

Will e7500 bottleneck HD6850?
Yes.

Is the 6850 still worth it?
Yes. Even if your CPU will not let you use the full capabilities of the card, the card is still a worth while upgrade.

Can you overclock your motherboard?
Don't know. Motherboard part number indicates that you have an Intel motherboard. I do not think you can overclock your particular motherboard. But I could be wrong. :)

yes it will bottleneck and even with a 4ghz oc you still wouldn't have enough bandwidth to handle the 6850. you need a quad core of 2.6 or more to run such a high end card without a bottleneck. especially on newer titles that require 3+cores on recommended settings.

when upgrading you should try to balance your system. but if you cant then its best to get a better cpu over gfx especially if your main aim is to play the latest games at or above recommended. coz its better to have smooth game-play with less eye-candy than all the gfx maxed but your running at a slide-show pace.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bf3 dual core 3.0ghz with a gtx 275 max settings dx10 15-45 fps.
quad core 2.6 with gtx 275 max settings dx10 35-55.

although the dual is faster it cannot get the gpu to use more than 50 percent of its resources. causing constant fps drops... same guy puts in a quad and suddenly the game is very playable.
he tried all ways to get the dual to perform. from messing around with configs to overclocking as far as he dare... the dual core just doesnt cut it . on lower settings the fps was no different. well the gap from max to minimum fps widened but the game was no smoother if anything even less playable..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1and0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Ohk , can i play the latest crysis2 and bf3 with a good settings for now?
, however im gona upgrade my pc with a intel i5 in the near future (or shuld i go for amd?) ..
And plz help me about the powersupply i mentioned, will i be able to get best functionality from my corsair GS 600w psu with an APC backups rs 550 ups?
I do not want backup power that much , i just want reliable and stabilzed current without fluctuvation while gaming ...
Plz help me out here :(

leonkennedy_7

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
if u want to upgrade and want to consider the AMD then go for the Phenom II x4 965 and the gigabyte ga 78lmt-s2p mobo. the package will cost u around 11 thousand, thats what i bought it for 3months ago. i was using the e7500 and the gigabyte g41 mobo and was getting terrible bottleneck with my old galaxy gts 450, i was getting only 40-45 FPS with the resident evil 5 and when i switched to the above mentioned config i got 80-90 fps on high settings and after i switched to the new zotac gtx560 ti i am getting 120-130 on all settings maxed out.
so from my personal experience the if u cant afford the i5 cpu now u can get the amd and its perfectly ok to avoid the latest bulldozer cpus from AMD as they are very expensive now and they dont improve the performance over the phenon II x4 that much

leonkennedy_7

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
the corsair GS600 is a great choice for a gaming machine i bought the same psu from lamington road for rs 2600. you can also get an antec 650 psu for about rs 3000 but i would recommend to stay away from the cheap cooler master extreme power series as mine broke in just 3months and i had to RMA it and i still dont feel confident in using that.
make sure u pick any psu which is at least 80 plus bronze certified and has min 12v amperage of 45amps

1and0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011

Wow thats Nice , but will that processor can serve the gfx without any bottekneck's ?
Dat was a very good solution to Save my pocket man thanks a lot :)

leonkennedy_7

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
the phenom II x4 965 is still a good gaming processor its 4 core raw power is umbeatable for the price. u can goi for the phenom II x4 955 which is actually same chip but runs at 3.2ghz instead of 965s 3.4ghz stock and it will also be about 700-900 rs cheaper but i personally bought 965 because it has better overclocking headroom.

my 965 is running at 3.8ghz stable with the cooler master hyper 212+ cooler and all i had to do to overclock it was to change the a single multiplier value in bios. because the phenom II is black edition its very easy to overclock it.

but decision is yours the i5 is definitely the better performer and the performanec come at a price and pretty steep at that.

do u stay in mumbai because u can visit the store i got my parts from they give good discounts

leonkennedy_7

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
dont worry abt bottleneck with the card u have chosen the 965 can run much higher cards without bottlenecks i am running a gtx560 ti which is much better than the 6850 without any issues and i can easily run the dirt3 at high settings which is a very demanding game

1and0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
i live in chennai :) (im gona get all these from deltapheripherals deltapage.com )
hmm ty dude
ill be getting everything mostly by tommorow except the gfx card (ill be getting that aftr a month )