GA-EP35-DS3L sleep and KVM switch wakes comp from sleep

npolite

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Hi All,

I have two systems a N650SLI-DS4 and a GA-EP35-DS3L hooked up to a Trednet KVM switch. If I put the GA-EP35-DS3L to sleep and switch to the N650SLI-DS4, the GA-EP35-DS3L system wakes up. The only way I have been able to keep it in sleep is if I hold the switch for the N650SLI-DS4 while pressing the sleep button and then switching to the N650SLI-DS4 immediately the GA-EP35-DS3L won't turn on until I press the power button. Now the N650SLI-DS4 doesn't have the problem. I went into the BIOS and disabled the keyboard and mouse wakeup but don't know what else to check. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to check next?

This is what happened to me for the past few years. This week I just replaced my N650SLI-DS4 with an ASUS P8Z77-V LK board. The Asus also does NOT show the same issue that the GA-EP35-DS3L has. Could this just be an issue with the power supply?

Thanks,

npolite

Distinguished
May 26, 2007

Can you tell me where you found that a BIOS update would fix it in the release notes? I am on the latest update for the GA-EP35-DS3L which is F6, so I don't think that this is correct.

npolite

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Ok I finally found the setting in the BIOS. It was only after I selected Ctrl+F1 to get the advanced hidden options that something in power management showed up. The option was "USB Device Wake-Up From S3". I disabled it and now when I switch systems on the KVM nothing comes on. This is quite annoying though because most KVM switches use USB.